Design und Programmierung
The Academy's archive was reinstalled in 1997 and serves as a documentation facility. In addition to the usual filed material the archive preserves, in particular, historical and current photographic material pertaining to the building and spaces of the academy, students' work from the classes of the professors Horlbeck-Kappler, Kapr, Korger and Wunderlich, prints from the Academy's workshops, newspaper excerpts since the 1960s as well as the files of the Institute for Book Design from 1995 to the present. The archive contains remains of the collection of teaching aids begun at the end of the 19th century, partial bequests from former staff members, e.g. fonts from Hermann Delitsch, Large format slides of the lectures of Julius Zeitler and book cover designs for the Dietrich Collection from Egon Pruggmayer. Theses from since the 1950s document the theoretical component of the studies. A virtually complete collection of c.560 articles contains photographic study and Diplom works from 1955 - 1989, available for research purposes. The Academy's examination regulations of this year enable the documentation of artistic Diplom and Meister works from all departments. Further, there are artists' dossiers of former teaching staff. In the following years the newly assembled resource will be expanded and made partly accessible via Internet. The spatial proximity to the library and mediatheque allow an effective utilisation of all resources for research and teaching purposes.
Director: Julia Blume